Shaping the Values of Youth: Sunday School Books in Nineteenth Century America was funded by a grant from the Library of Congress/Ameritech National Digital Library Competition. The period of the grant was September 1999 to February 2001.
The works digitized for this electronic archive are owned by the Special Collections Division of the Michigan State University Libraries and the Clark Historical Library at Central Michigan University. Additional titles may be digitized as they are acquired by MSU or CMU.
Digitization was performed by staff of the Digital & Multimedia Center at the Michigan State University Libraries. The electronic copies are available as PDF files. Scanning was performed without disbinding the original books.
Browse the original Shaping the Values of Youth project website.View all 177 books
Or start with these randomly selected books from the collection.
About the Collection
- Introductory essay - An essay by Professor Stephen Rachman, Department of English, Michigan State University.
- Browse the Shaping of Values of Youth collection by title, date published, or categories.
- Sunday School Books in Nineteenth Century America Dataset
- Resources for Teachers and Scholars
- Read biographies of authors
- Project history